CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

Complaint # 1: LOWERING credit score... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » Fair Isaac - the designers of the credit scoring fraudware » Complaint # 1: LOWERING credit scores with inquiries « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Fair Isaac's explanation with the Beacon score results:Christine Baker08-19-02  07:30 pm
PROOF that Fair Isaac lied:Christine Baker08-19-02  07:34 pm
Collection and credit counseling inquiriesChristine Baker09-01-02  12:03 am
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine Baker (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 49
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 07:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Inquiries are one of the most ridiculous components of Fair Isaac's credit scores.

MOST inquiries are NOT for credit applications!

One would assume that Fair Isaac knows that, BUT - they don't care because it's another way to fleece consumers.

Besides, what exactly is WRONG with shopping for lower rates?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_adams
Username: John_adams

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 09:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

june 2003, i began to have unexplained trouble. the rates were low and we wanted cash out on our equity. got a call from bank one-ruined our credit. why? they bought our credit accts from wachovia, wrote a letter to us in nov 2002 and started billing apr 2003. we didnt recognize the bills from all the junk mail.

they looked at credit report lowering score 2 points. wells fargo denied our loan- lowering our credit score 2 points. threatened to sue. wells fargo reevaluated- got loan with lowering credit score another 4 points. processor said our application began with a funny number. sent cras lien release dated 1997 to be accurately recorded.

i had to get a business chkg acct. was told i needed a certificate because of the patriot act. husband called with same circumstances and got one immediately w/o a certificate. comp;ained to human rights. human rights arbitrated; bank lawyer never called him; filed my complaint resolved. lowered credit score 2 points. got one at bank of am. lowering score 2 points.

lost bk one credit card-reissued-credit score down 2 points.

i put all our credit into my name to protect my husband's. when closing bank one's accts, they sent us a letter saying they reopened our acct based on our request. OOPS, their mistake. lowering our rating 2 points. comptroller ruled in favor of bank one, comptroller asked for proof that looking as a creditor lowers scores. told them to read books.

applied for equity line of credit with bk of america. approved until two days before closing. then, was told a drive by appraisal came in too low-rejected us. wouldnt accept wells fargos of the same month. wouldnt accept comparable selling prices that month. we have brick, lakeview, end unit. i know i was discriminated against. fair housing cant do anything. dllr its too difficult. comptroller doesnt respond. cras wont remove the hits. lowered credit score 4 points.

joined a bimonthly mortgage payment plan in july. in dec they were to pay our mortgage company. debitted our acct but failed to pay wells fargo. wells fargo sent us an anonymous junk mail notice. sent us another junk mail slip with their statement saying they would begin debitting our acct if we did not respond. biwkly didnt pay us the money they owed for the dec mortgage until feb costing us 10000 extra interest to pay wells fargo. montgomery county consumer affairs bank investigator got budget-cutted immediately after retrieving biwklys ledger stating they paid wells fargo in dec 2003. this implicates wells fargo. lowered credit score 2 for biwkly when applying. comptroller not responding, dllr wont investigate. inspector gnl is not responding- called hotline three times.

submitted to a plan that monitors my credit report. when we got the report, one first usa and one bank one acct were opened. lawyer sent a letter to close them. lawyer also sent cra's the lien release telling them to record it correctly.

jan 2004-at&t slammed us. looked into our credit report, sold our names to marketers, and began billing. lawyers sent a letter to them telling them to cease and desist. they replied saying their computer will continue billing-disregard. next month, got a bill. lawyer said dont pay. next month got a collection notice. at&t told public services commission we had a zero balance. fcc doesnt enforce slamming in md. public services commission did nothing to at&t. will look on credit report to see if at&t lowered credit rating.

adt security systems-I wanted to end contract in feb 2004. sent letter in nov 2003. sent reminder in jan 2004 with final payment. next month-got billed. Why? they didnt have the orignal letter. the reminder wasnt signed. so they said sign and send back and they would take care of it. next month-got billed. Why? they had no letters of ending the contract at all. resent the documents.
will see if they looked in credit report and lowered score 2 points.

terribly unhappy with starpower-public services commission ruled in their favor-starpower crammed me the march bill, and i didnt receive the april month's bill. wanted to go to verizon. verizon looked on my credit report and they looked as creditors; not business inquiries; lowering my credit rating 2 points.

and better business bureaux charges 95/min in md, ca, ny, il. on their website theres a bug. i got complaint forms in mail and began filing. they ignored my complaints with bk one, wells fargo, chevy chase, bk of america, nationwide biwkly administration,at&t, cingular wireless, starpower. they immediately assigned an investigator to adt security systems. so i complained to ftc. then bbb started referring all the deregulated complaints out of state- because those regional offices handle it better the bbb counselor says.

adt has headquarters in fla. why is at&t handled not in dc, but somewhere like idaho? complained to ftc. had to confirm twice; because the first ftc guy was afraid to record this complaint against bbb. asked ftc if they also lose their jobs if the report deregulation accurately to the consumer. she didnt say no.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration