CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

Equifax/CSC change the address accord... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » Equifax and CSC WILLFUL Enablement of Identity Theft » Equifax/CSC change the address according to CREDITORS' reporting « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine
Board Administrator
Username: Christine

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 01:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every time a creditor reports to CSC/Equifax, they put THAT address on your credit report.

I've had a client who notified them NUMEROUS times that they are sending the reports to a slightly incorrect address. They'd fix it. The next month her dispute results were again delivered by her landlady who lived at that different address.

If you have a creditor with a CLOSED account, and they report the old address - Equifax changes the address to that possibly 5 year old address.

When the next creditor reports the CURRENT address, they'll change it back.

One of the implications of this system is that people would have to notify collectors, who they are trying to HIDE from, and tell the collector their current address. Can it get any more bizarre?

Another is that people with MANY old accounts, would have to do a LOT of work notifying all these creditors, and in the process they would probably have some of the accounts DELETED - and lower their credit scores.

Well, that's how I've observed this to work, and I really hope to be able to confirm or correct my assumptions with the credit bureaus' legal departments.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration