Post Number: 1690
|Posted on Friday, December 05, 2003 - 12:56 am: ||
Gail K. Scott
CSC CREDIT SERVICES, INC.
Via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
December 5, 2003
Re: (client), AFNI, credit monitoring service, willfull enablement of identity theft and mailings to OLD address and promotional inquiries despite opting out and the subsequent inquiry deletions.
Dear Ms. Scott:
My client received your letter and new credit report dated 11/13/03.
1) My client's 11/21/03 Equifax report shows an AFNI "cellular" collection, and my client has no idea what this is. He disputed this collection with AFNI, please immediately delete this account.
2) The State Farm account 5174XXXX has been paid. Apparently they last reported the account in 5/03. Please correct the balance.
3) Your 11/13/03 mailing included a notice from CSC:
"Please find enclosed the results of your request for CSC to reinvestigate certain elements of your CSC credit file."
Below is the listing of 5 inquiries, with the notation "This inquiry has been deleted."
Who disputed these inquiries? Did somebody impersonate my client?
4) I previously asked: "Please explain why my client opted out on 7/18/03, yet the new report shows NUMEROUS promotional inquiries after 7/18/03? "
We are still anxiously awaiting your answer. My client is still receiving promotional offers.
5) You wrote in your letter addressed to my client: "CSCCS is unable to comply with your request for two years of free credit monitoring service. Please contact Equifax directly regarding this matter."
Why is CSC "unable" to comply with this request? Does this mean that:
a) It is CSC company policy to refuse to mitigate damages and CSC will not pay for its mistakes unless ordered by the court, or
b) CSC blames Equifax for the mailing of the reports and dispute results to the incorrect address?
I'll greatly appreciate your explanation.
My client is currently paying for the monitoring services, while CSC has been PROFITING from its failure to honor my client's decision to opt out of promos to protect himself from ID Theft due to the CSC malicious mailing of his reports and dispute results to incorrect address, DESPITE my specific request. CSC continued to SELL my client's credit data, and has yet to offer any explanation for its disregard for my client's rights and the law.
Did CSC contact the companies who received my client's credit data illegally?
Please forward this fax for response by your attorneys. Please do NOT mail again to my client's old address, but contact me directly via e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 571-222-1000.
posted at CreditCourt.com