CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

12/5/03 - email to Gail Scott, CSC Le... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » Equifax and CSC WILLFUL Enablement of Identity Theft » 12/5/03 - email to Gail Scott, CSC Legal Department « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine
Board Administrator
Username: Christine

Post Number: 1690
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2003 - 12:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christine Baker
BayHouse LLC
Email: christine@bayhouse.com
Fax: 571-222-1000

Gail K. Scott
Paralegal
CSC CREDIT SERVICES, INC.

Via e-mail to gscott3@csc.com

December 5, 2003

Re: (client), AFNI, credit monitoring service, willfull enablement of identity theft and mailings to OLD address and promotional inquiries despite opting out and the subsequent inquiry deletions.

Dear Ms. Scott:

My client received your letter and new credit report dated 11/13/03.

1) My client's 11/21/03 Equifax report shows an AFNI "cellular" collection, and my client has no idea what this is. He disputed this collection with AFNI, please immediately delete this account.

2) The State Farm account 5174XXXX has been paid. Apparently they last reported the account in 5/03. Please correct the balance.

3) Your 11/13/03 mailing included a notice from CSC:

"Please find enclosed the results of your request for CSC to reinvestigate certain elements of your CSC credit file."

Below is the listing of 5 inquiries, with the notation "This inquiry has been deleted."

Who disputed these inquiries? Did somebody impersonate my client?

4) I previously asked: "Please explain why my client opted out on 7/18/03, yet the new report shows NUMEROUS promotional inquiries after 7/18/03? "

We are still anxiously awaiting your answer. My client is still receiving promotional offers.

5) You wrote in your letter addressed to my client: "CSCCS is unable to comply with your request for two years of free credit monitoring service. Please contact Equifax directly regarding this matter."

Why is CSC "unable" to comply with this request? Does this mean that:

a) It is CSC company policy to refuse to mitigate damages and CSC will not pay for its mistakes unless ordered by the court, or

b) CSC blames Equifax for the mailing of the reports and dispute results to the incorrect address?

I'll greatly appreciate your explanation.

My client is currently paying for the monitoring services, while CSC has been PROFITING from its failure to honor my client's decision to opt out of promos to protect himself from ID Theft due to the CSC malicious mailing of his reports and dispute results to incorrect address, DESPITE my specific request. CSC continued to SELL my client's credit data, and has yet to offer any explanation for its disregard for my client's rights and the law.

Did CSC contact the companies who received my client's credit data illegally?

Please forward this fax for response by your attorneys. Please do NOT mail again to my client's old address, but contact me directly via e-mail to christine@bayhouse.com or fax to 571-222-1000.

Sincerely,

Christine Baker

c: (client)
posted at CreditCourt.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration