CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

Poor accounting Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » Wells Fargo & many other banks - Lynette is NOT the only one to be wrongfully foreclosed on! » Poor accounting « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Debilee
Username: Debilee

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 11:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am so furious with WF right now. I had payments automatically taken out of my account for a truck payment. One night I get a call from them saying that I did not make my payment. I think "impossible" because it comes straight out of my account and their is plenty of money in the bank. Check with my bank. WF never even tried to take the money out that month. Call WF, they say it's their mistake and they'll take care of it. Payment was 302.87. They take out $443 -only authorized to take out 302.87. So i call about this. No one can tell me why they took out 443. Then I get a letter in the mail saying that they took out 148 -with an $8 fee tacked on -saying that I verbally authorized this by phone. NO WAY! So I get ticked off and just pay off the rest of the loan so that I'll be done with them. get another letter a couple of days later. They took out 310! (also another $8 fee) and again saying that I verbally authorized this. yeah right! So, i say I want my money back. Spend about 3 hours on the phone with these people getting bounced around from one person to the next. Was told that I had to fax some request in. So they can "verbally" take money out of my account, but it has to be written to put it back in. Doesn't make sense, but they say it's policy. I call my bank. They have to put a stop payment on my account to keep WF from taking more money out. SCARY! I was tempted to call the police and get them for stealing! That's what they were doing -taking money out without my permission! They need to be stopped! I feel like I have no recourse, but I know this is wrong. Luckily I keep enough money in my account that I was not overdrawn because of all this, but imagine the nightmare if I didn't!
Feel free to email me if I can help in any way
debilee73@yahoo.com
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine
Board Administrator
Username: Christine

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 01:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Same answer I give every time:

STOP calling, unless you record, and even if you do record, follow up by fax.

Request accounting, of course via verified fax, compare the figures to what they took out.

If there's any overpayment, demand a refund. If you don't promptly get it, you've got all kinds of claims to sue them for.

If you don't want to sue, there are some alternatives.

Wells Fargo will NEVER stop this theft and fraud unless people fight for their rights!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration