CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

3/3/97 - my letter to Home Savings af... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » Wells Fargo & many other banks - Lynette is NOT the only one to be wrongfully foreclosed on! » 3/3/97 - my letter to Home Savings after they refused my payment « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine
Board Administrator
Username: Christine

Post Number: 1607
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 09:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I happened to find this old letter while looking for something else:

March 3, 1997
Home Savings
PO BOX 7180
Pasadena, CA 91109-7180

Re: your San Bruno branchís refusal to accept my payment for loan # 1158599

Ladies/Gentlemen:

Enclosed are

1) my check # 1022 Union Bank for $2,195.73
2) my payment coupon stating that my payment is $2,195.73
3) copy of San Bruno Police Department Card referring to Case Number 97-0303-40.

I had your branch call the Police today to witness that your branch refused to accept my mortgage payment. Please order a copy of the Police Report at your convenience.

I am hereby requesting

a) the address of the Government Agency licensing your lending activities.
b) a complete accounting statement for my loan for the previous 12 months
c) an explanation for your refusal to accept my payment
d) a settlement proposition prior to my taking legal action

I have had a tremendous amount of stress, embarrassment, loss of time and income, head aches and sleepless nights due to Home Savings

* refusing to accept payments
* not replying to my fax
* attempting to extort money from me by adding illegitimate charges to my loan
* failing to send an accounting statement as previously requested
* and apparently trying to put me into foreclosure so you can take my home.

Iím sure this list is not complete, but I got to rush this to the post office now.

Regards,

Christine Baker

----------------------------------

This letter was entirely ignored.

I NEVER received accounting from Home Savings.

When I wrote this letter, I had no idea what was going on, but I knew that they'd hit me with a hefty late fee because I went to the branch on the last day to make my payment, as always.

When a bank refuses your check, have the manager put that in writing. And if they refuse, get a good witness, like a police officer.

I was so upset at the time, I couldn't make it through a phone call with the idiots at Home Savings without screaming at them, the frustration was overwhelming.

So I hired someone for $45/hr.

Of course I didn't have the money to pay her, it took me until the last day before the late fee just to get the funds for the payment in the bank.

But I'm no deadbeat and no whining loser or liar, I've always had a reputation for "no bull." My word was good enough her.

Of course I made Home Savings pay the about $2,200 fee.

It is most unfortunate that I didn't sue Home Savings for the mental anguish when I continued to mail in my monthly payments and they actually filed the Notice of Default and demanded over $8,000.

At least they fixed the credit reporting and even "undid" the Notice of Default so it was never reported to the credit bureaus.

I had NOBODY to ask for help. NOBODY!

I worked endless hours to be able to make my payments. I had no money for a lawyer and already knew how they suck too. See Transamerica admits $15,096.90 "Error",
but refuses to provide accounting statement

So when people started posting here, whining and complaining, demanding my personal assistance at NO charge, I got fed up with that crap real fast.

I spent literally hundreds of hours working on Lynette's case in 2002 - and I didn't charge one penny. I put it all on the web, so that YOU can learn how to keep your home.

There are only 2 valid excuses for allowing the banks to defraud you:

Illness or retardation.

Unfortunately, many of the banks' victims are ill, anyone on disability becomes a preferred fraud target.

But if you found this site, and you have the mental and physical capabilities to type, you have ALL the resources required to help yourself.

You are in charge. You are responsible. You have a choice:

Whine and complain, or take the actions necessary to keep your home.

Good luck!

And no more excuses!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration