CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

The American Pro Se Association Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » Attorneys - Pro Se - Publish » The American Pro Se Association « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
9/23/02 - $50 "donation" - it really was for the membershipChristine08-01-03  11:40 pm
11/8/02 - Service request ticket ID 45 and replyChristine08-01-03  11:48 pm
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine Baker
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 222
Posted on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.legalhelp.org/Basic_Legal_Information_For_The_Public.htm

There's a lot of interesting info and I think I'm going to join.

Christine Baker
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 423
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 11:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another fraud. I didn't try to use that "membership" until it was too late to dispute the charges.

Christine
Board Administrator
Username: Christine

Post Number: 1082
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From their site at http://legalhelp.org/payment.htm

Some of the Benefits of Membership:

APSA is a self help organization for the middle class and professional person -- the rich can afford attorneys and the poor do not usually possess other elements or have access to a PC to produce their own letters, documents and court papers. But membership can benefit middle class members each and every year on many things from buying a PC to correcting credit agency errors. The APSA provides the following to its members for only $25 annual dues (A one time $25.00 initiation fee is also applied):

1. Information on where to find needed information which is important to have on a timely basis.

2. Experienced pro se members that can steer you in the right direction.

3. A resource center and pro se oriented financial and legal library available on nights and week-ends when court libraries are closed.

4. Access to computerized case law search and legal forms -- and the base is increasing.

5. Form letters and procedures for documenting your interests and saving money even when you have no legal problems.

6. This newsletter and other materials and information.

7. ALA - Approved Legal Advisors (lawyers) at only $90 per hour to assist you by an above average attorney to look at and help you with your case. $120.00/hr. in court.

8. Members that will help you organize and draft your papers before seeing the Approved Legal Advisors so that you may save on billable hours.

9. Special materials to aid you and referral to experts and other special services (i.e. ability to make computer color chart exhibits).

10. The only organization dedicated to representing and aiding the interests of pro se parties and the little guy.

11. Substantial effort and resources have been allocated to develop and maintain our Website Legalhelp.org. Access by members across the nation for important financial and legal information and sources of assistance.

------------------------------

I really ought to look into suing them. I signed up because I obviously needed help with my suit, and really wanted to pay an attorney by the hour.

What a fraud - got absolutely NOTHING.

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1083
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 04:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got this e-mail:

American Pro Se Association Annual Meeting 7:30 p.m. August 19, 2003 in Luther Hall of Redeemer Lutheran Church, Clark St. & Coperthwaite Pl.
Westfield, NJ 07090 908-232-1517

Get Directions from http://legalhelp.org

Note: Free dinner buffet served 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
All are invited bring a friend etc. If you would like to help or run for office and be put on the ballot please let us know in advance. (A short walk from Bus Stop and Train Station) Door Prizes as usual!

------------------

Wow, I spent $50 to be able to fly to NJ for a free buffet.

Unbelievable!!!!! What a fraud.

There are NO attorneys and I got absolutely NO help with anything.

e-mailed to the chief scammer: roj@webepoch.com

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1109
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 02:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Today's email exchange:

Roj Prasad <roj@webepoch.com>:

At 08:34 AM 7/14/03:

"SCREW YOU LADY, I am volunteer!!"

My response:

"I didn't pay $50 to get screwed.

Christine

c: posted at CreditCourt"

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1110
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 02:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is really an interesting concept:

Promise all kinds of great stuff on the web that doesn't exist, take desperate Pro Ses' money, then claim they're volunteers.

Hmmm, where'd my cash go?

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1213
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 12:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carl wrote on 7/14/03:

"Dear Christine:

Do you not read and realize we are 100% unpaid volunteers -- and by the way I have been the one who out of his own pocket has paid for much of the expenses -- and 100% of the costs of the annual meetings - including the food etc. We make every effort to make things clear -- and believe me not enough people donate to provide enough for all the expensive legal information subscriptions and law books from which our volunteers check information to be sure we are providing correct and not misleading information. A minimal legal library kept up to date annually is a $30,000 to $100,000 kind of expense depending upon the quality and extent of the reference materials - so who do you think makes up the difference of the amount from members and their dues? Maybe us volunteers out our own pockets in additon to working free for 5 to more than 40 hiours a week each. Because you imagine something is the way you wish it and its not does not mean its bad or a rip off. You owe Roj an apology.

-- Carl"

I need a legal library like I need a hole in the head!

And I'm sorry for the late reply, but I've been busy working on objections to motions to dismiss and compel arbitration, and I managed to look like the village idiot because I don't have an attorney.

Today I looked again at https://www.legalhelp.org/

"7. ALA - Approved Legal Advisors (lawyers) at only $75 per hour to assist you -- just a little over $1 per minute for an above average attorney to look at and help you with your case.7. ALA - Approved Legal Advisors (lawyers) at only $75 per hour to assist you -- just a little over $1 per minute for an above average attorney to look at and help you with your case."

TODAY at https://www.legalhelp.org/answering_complaint.htm:

"Our Approved Legal Advisors (Attorneys) charge only $60 hour to our members for advice, comments and edit and they are definitely above average members of the bar. Then retype and serve and file as per the rules for the particular court.

We at the APSA Association emphasize it is most important to have an attorney review and edit your papers prior to filing. I have answered many complaints and I always have an attorney review my papers before filing -- one reason why I have never lost as a defendant."

That's what I paid my $50 for. And I don't care if an attorney charges $100 or $200 or $300/hr - I just need some good legal advice.

The signup form still looks the same, and I specifically remember reading at signup:

"If you feel that your $50.00 donation may be ask back due to membership cancellation for any other reason, please move on. All membership registration and a $50.00 donation is final."

It smelled like scam right there. But I was desperate, and I did what all desperate people do:

KNOWING that I'd probably get scammed, I paid my $50. That's why people PAY for credit applications and believe all those telemarketing scams and rippoff web sites - if it's your only hope of getting what you desperately need, you do stupid things.

So, Carl and Roj - did I miss something?

I wasted $50 and now several hours. Thanks, guys, it's been great!

Does anyone else need $50?

Just go ahead and e-mail me, promise me a lawyer lead and I'll be happy to send you $50 because I'm STUPID!!!

Yeah, I admit it, I can be as stupid as anyone.

I e-mailed to roj@webepoch.com, pro1se@hotmail.com:

"My response as well as all our previous communications are posted at http://forum.creditcourt.com/discus/messages/20/421.html

Christine Baker"

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration