CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

Settlements - READ and do NOT just s... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » Attorneys - Pro Se - Publish » Settlements - READ and do NOT just sign that settlement « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Deletion from credit report after payment in fullChristine Baker09-25-02  01:45 am
The simple straight forward settlementChristine Baker09-25-02  01:20 am
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine Baker
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 228
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 12:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MUST read BEFORE you settle!

http://www.bankersonline.com/operations/so_defamatory.html

I have also signed settlements that I did NOT understand at the time, there's so much to learn.

How would you like to settle expecting permanent deletion, then they do NOT delete, and you can't even sue because you signed a settlement such as this:

"James Young releases, acquits, discharges, and covenants to hold harmless J.C. Penny [sic] Co., Inc. . . . from any and all actions, causes of action, . . . and claims of every type, and also any injuries or damages not now known or which may later develop, all resulting from the alleged theft of his identity relative to the allegedly erroneous and/or fraudulent extension of credit in his name . . ."

The court ruled that the consumer could NOT sue when they reported the fraudulent account again.

Because this is SO important, I'm posting some sample settlements in separate threads.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration