CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

4/21/03 - Glacier Financial re-ages B... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » Collector and Creditor FCRA & FDCPA documented violations » 4/21/03 - Glacier Financial re-ages Bally collections « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
4/16/03 - faxed dispute to Glacier FinancialChristine Baker07-07-03  08:01 pm
4/18/03 - faxed call summary to Mark TegtmeyerChristine Baker07-07-03  07:54 pm
4/21/03 - faxed specific dispute to TUChristine Baker07-07-03  07:58 pm
4/21/03 - Glacier Financial deletion faxChristine Baker07-07-03  08:19 pm
7/4/03 - fax to Mark Tegtmeyer re. publication and agingChristine Baker07-07-03  08:51 pm
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine Baker
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1071
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My client couldn't close his mortgage until this re-aged Bally collection was deleted.

This collection wasn't just re-aged, but it was totally fraudulent as my client had paid the $50 to cancel, as per the terms of the contract, when he moved to a location where Bally didn't have facilities.

Glacier Financial had demanded $900 principal and $1,803.15 interest as of 11/02.

This case is especially interesting because Mark Tegtmeyer, VP Glacier Financial Services, CO, states in the deletion letter:

"While we may disagree which date or dates are used in determining the starting time for the 7 year period on credit reporting and that the dates used to make that determination are supplied to us by our client(s) we will voluntarily delete the information on the account referenced above."

Since as per their OWN records the account was charged off in 3/95, what was that account doing on a credit report in 2003?????

Just before we got the deletion fax, we sent a dispute to TU:

"According to Pam with Glacier Financial, the account was charged off on 3/31/95. Therefore, the account should have been deleted from my credit report over a year ago.

You may verify the charge-off date directly with Pam at 888-386-4640 ext. 18."

Then my client had to get the collection deleted by TU:

"Well one thing's for sure, TU doesn't get in hurry about anything. Over the past two weeks I've called almost every day, talked to several different people, and faxed six copies of the deletion letter.

It wasn't enough to have an ID# on the fax, you need ss# and address all of this info. I obtained piece by piece as I spoke with a different person each day, in fact the ID# isn't even necessary, totally opposite of what I was initially told.

Each time I asked to speak with a supervisor, they told me they were busy or on the phone or flying to Mars, also they said that they couldn't directly call Glacier, so each one of them were at least consistant about those two things.

Everything else was painstakingly drug out of them. So I am now the wiser about TU and their system of red tape, losing faxes and unavailable supervisors. ...."

Credit reporting at it's finest! The envy of the world, yeah right!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration