CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

Posting an attachment such as a .jpg ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » FAQ » Posting an attachment such as a .jpg or Word file « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
American Agencies?Christine07-05-04  01:29 pm
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine
Board Administrator
Username: Christine

Post Number: 1302
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 04:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To post an attachment:

Click ATTACH (next to the Preview/Post button)

TYPE a brief description of your attachment (the date, what it is)

Click BROWSE to locate the file on your computer

Click OPEN to select the file

Click UPLOAD and WAIT until the file is uploaded.

Sometimes I forget to wait for big files to get done - and then I wonder why it didn't work.

You know it's done when you get the new screen "FILE UPLOADED", click on CLOSE and then you should see some code for the attachment in they window with your posting, something like:

popattach{2142,}

I just increased the maximum file size to 200 kb - if you got something larger than that, please let me or Sassy know.

If you scanned something and you didn't convert a .bmp to .jpg, your file could literally be thousands of kilobytes.

I like Irfan a lot to do quick conversions:

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

I use it for resizing my scans, for letter size pages I use width of 700 pixels.

I also use Screenprint for screen shots:

http://www.softwarelabs.com/tsl4/3-screenprint.htm

The Gold version is free.

It's often easier to just take a screenshot of an online report, the built-in editor lets you crop, you don't have to resize, and it saves to .jpg. I find it much faster than scanning.

In both programs you can adjust the QUALITY - FILE SIZE when you click on "OPTIONS" in the "SAVE AS" dialog window.

Make sure you DELETE the Report Number for Equifax/Experian and your File ID number for Trans Union.

For OPEN revolving accounts you want to be sure that you don't post the complete account number. You may want to edit out the entire account number - that's a personal preference.

Most people will also want to make sure to delete any other identifying info, if you need help with that please contact us.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration