CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

Ripped off too. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » ConsumerInfo.com - PrivacyGuard » Ripped off too. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ChargedChristine04-24-04  07:31 pm
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Digital509
Username: Digital509

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I too was ripped off by Consumer Info for the infamous ammount of $79.99. I am about to attempt contact with the "company". I will post the response I get. I am also going to see if I can record the phone conversation within the boundaries of the law. Wish me luck.

Digital509
Username: Digital509

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 04:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok. I called the 1-800-220-2626 and chose the option to cancel my account. I was on hold for a couple minutes, and the most ironic thing happened; after the hold music stopped playing an advertisement of their's played telling how their services could protect you against identity theft and people charging your account without you even knowing it. I was able to talk to "Tony" about my charge. I told him I wanted my account cancelled and my money refunded. I asked for a confirmation notification sent regular mail. He told me he could only send an automatic email confirmation. He said my account would be credited back the 79.95 within 7 to 10 business days. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Christine
Board Administrator
Username: Christine

Post Number: 1867
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hopefully you'll get the refund.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration