CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

Promised refund, but didn't come thro... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » ConsumerInfo.com - PrivacyGuard » Promised refund, but didn't come through « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rosita
Username: Rosita

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Until recently, I was employed for almost 15 years by Morgan Stanley, Dean Witter, Discover & Company. I have seen some bad things happen to customers, and to their accounts. It was part of my duty to see that retail brokerage client were not taken advantage of. And if clerical mistake was made, it was quickly satisfied. Sometimes, with trade error, it would take a month to make the client whole. If a bad broker was involved, it might take much longer to figure out exactly what the account should look like and make reparations. But clients, in the right, where always made whole. That's the way good business is done, that is how you treat clients, with respect and honesty.

My Husband and I both ordered Free Credit reports from CIC Credit Monitoring Service, on November 4, 2003, through an advertising link on AOL. My Husband was not able to view his free report at all, and received an error message stating that he needed to call their customer service within 48 hours to clear up the problem. He was Charged $34.95 on one of our active credit cards, which we paid in the course of paying our bills. He never received the credit report because he did not think it worth his time to call back with in the 48 hour time limit. When I called CIC to reverse the charge, I was were told that it was not possible to reverse the fee. That they could only look at the account with my husband. I explained that the fee was charge to a credit card in my name, and that I had entered all the information online myself. Even though I knew my husband's SS# and mother's maiden name, they could not talk to me about it. My husband was next to me in the room and said, just screw it, if they close your account, and reverse the $79.95 fee for that, I'll just pay the other.

When I continued to talk to "Jack" about the $79.95 charge on my Discover Card he said he would reverse it. I have not used this particular card in over a year. I was not charged the fee until December 3, 2003. I received my Discover card bill in mid January. I was told by Customer Service Rep "Jack" (employee ID #62069) that I would be refunded the full amount of $79.95. While I was on the phone with "Jack" for 35-40 minutes, he was not able to locate a supervisor for me to talk to.

I received a letter from Discover asking me "Is everything all right?" The credit did not hit my account hit my account in January, and cause a late payment fee. I called Discover to let them know that a credit of $79.95 should have hit, and that the balance that remained on the account should be a late payment fee and interest for an erroneous charge. Discover told me that a credit of $65.66 had hit. There was still a charge of $15.47 remaining. The only way to prevent a Discover Card to prevent a "ding" to my credit reports, was for me to process a check payment over the phone with them over the phone today. Otherwise reporting would go out to the three major credit reporting companies of a nonpayment within two days.

I called CIC again today, February 23, 2004, to find out why I was not refunded the amount that "Jack" said he was going to credit me. They said it was a prorated about for canceling my account within 180 days. Had I call with in 30 days (which is before I knew I had been charged for this service) I would have been credited the whole amount. I explained the non-receipt of my husband's credit report, and the $34.95 we had paid for that, and that is why "Jack" said I would be credited the full $79.95. This customer service rep (I did not make note of his name, or ask his ID number) passed me on to his Supervisor, "Carlos" (employee ID #60080), who said he did not think that "jack" would have even had the capability to put through the credit of $79.95 at that time, that they don't even have the capability to do it from their terminals. He added that he doubted that I verified the amount of the credit that would hit my account when I spoke with "Jack."

I think the most upsetting fact is that of the two customer service reps I have spoken to neither knew if they were bonded. The supervisor "Carlos" knew that he was not bonded. And would not provide me with any type of credentials, as to why he was a supervisor if he had no more responsibilities or capabilities of the Customer Service Reps that he somehow supervised. The supervisor, "Carlos" would not give me the name of his manager, because the manager would not take my call. He gave me a PO box to send a letter of complaint to, or a fax number. When I asked for a phone number, or physical address for Corporate HQ, he said he was not allowed to provide me with that information. Nor would he provide me with the name of the President, Vice President, Head of Consumer Relations, or Corporate Council. Boy was I upset, I asked "Carlos," "Do you enjoyed screwing people out of their money for a living, or do you really think your company is treating it's customers justly?" He said "If you don't watch your language I'll d hang up on you, and you will have to call back and start over." I then told "Well you're probably going to loose some sleep tonight, F*cker."

Not Bonded, that is scary. And they have access to all of our credit information. How can they expect anyone to believe that this is truly a safe & secure protection against ID and credit theft?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine
Board Administrator
Username: Christine

Post Number: 1869
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rosita, I moved your posting to its own topic, it's a good one! What state do you live in?

It sounds like you have really good documentation of your calls etc.

What you wrote about how you worked for "clients" is how things SHOULD be. Unfortunately, for ConsumerInfo.com/Experian you're nothing but another sucker worth exactly $79.95 - once a year

I also don't think that they have a legal right to refuse a refund for your husband because he didn't call within 48 hours. Are we the Experian SLAVES??????

When they don't deliver the report they have no right to charge.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration