CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

Household Bank foreclosure reporting Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » Household - HFC - Orchard - Beneficial » Household Bank foreclosure reporting « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jdennis
Username: Jdennis

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 07:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Christine, I have an issue with Household bank. I know we discussed this previously in the past. On my Experian credit report they have my status listed at Balance Current status Past Due Amount $0 Repossession. But on my Transunion account its listed as Last Report on February, 2004 Balance Current status Past Due Amount $8,313 120 days past due $188. Should I dispute the Transunion account, since it is not past dues and I do not owe them $188?

Equifax - 591

HOUSEHOLD MORTGAGE S (Individual)

Credit Grantor Contact Information
961 WEIGEL
}}ELMHURST, IL 60126
(708) 350-4000

Account Number 406XXXX
Account Type Installment
Credit Limit
(High Credit)
$214,000
Minimum Monthy Payment (Terms) $1,983

Date Opened January, 2001
Date of Last Activity July, 2001
Description Not on record

Last Report on March, 2004
Balance Current status Past Due Amount
$0 Repossession

Recent Payment History

Seven Year Payment History
30 days late: 2

2 30 days delinquent 60 days late: 3

3 60 days delinquent 90+ days late: 15

12/2003

11/2003

10/2003

12 additional 90+ days delinquent

Transunion –Fico 527
HMS (Individual Account)

Credit Grantor Contact Information
Not on record

Account Number 406XXXX
Account Type Mortgage Account
Credit Limit
(High Credit)
$214,225
Minimum Monthy Payment (Terms) $1,983
360 Monthly
Date Opened January, 2001
Date of Last Activity August, 2002
Date Paid Out Not on Record
Date Closed
Loan Type Conventional Real Estate Mortgage
Collateral
Description Account closed by consumer

Last Report on February, 2004
Balance Current status Past Due Amount
$8,313 120 days past due $188

Christine
Board Administrator
Username: Christine

Post Number: 1974
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 05:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, definitely dispute the balance, it is KILLING your scores.

If they verify, demand accounting from Household.

Jdennis

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 07:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Christine, On my Experian account it says the status was verified as of 3/2004. All of this happened in 2002. Should I get them to reverify the date.

HMS

Address:
636 GRAND REGENCY BLVD
BRANDON, FL 33510

Account Number:

Status Details:
This item was verified and updated on 3-2004.

Date Opened:
01/2001
Type:
Installment

Reported Since:
03/2004
Terms:
30 Years

Date of Status:
03/2004
Monthly Payment:
$0

Last Reported:
03/2004
Responsibility:
Individual

Credit Limit/Original Amount:
$214,225

High Balance:
NA

Recent Balance:
$0 as of 03/2004

Recent Payment:
$0

Your statement : LITIGATION PENDING.

Account History:
Foreclosure as of 3-2004

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1977
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 02:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Your statement : LITIGATION PENDING."

Is that YOUR statement? Are they suing you?

I would dispute the status date.

It looks like Equifax is aging correctly:

"Date of Last Activity July, 2001"

Unfortunately, Experian does not disclose the aging date.

Jdennis

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 01:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Christine here is an update. I disputed the Status date on Experian. Household verified it and now it says Forclosed "Account History:
Foreclosure as of 2-2004" Experian will not dispute this anymore. They are telling me to contact Household. SO, I am not sure where to go from here with this.

Also, I am not sure where the "Litigation Pending" is coming from.

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2002
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 05:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's really important that the date of foreclosure is correct (the older, the better). Do you know when they actually began foreclosing (filing of the notice of default) and when they became the owners of the property?

Jdennis

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe it became their property 6/2002. I am not sure of the date it started, as there was a lot of going backwards and forward, as I had a buyer for the property, they would not respond to me about working with them on the short sell price and I lost the buyer for the property.

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2003
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 04:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It makes a HUGE difference to your credit rating whether Household foreclosed in 2002 or 2004.

So I would send a snail mail dispute to Experian.

Jdennis

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you think it will to any good to contact Household? My initial thoughts are no it would not.

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2004
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know - you certainly can't sue them for not responding and continuing to report incorrectly if you contact them directly.

If you know you're not going to sue, it can't hurt - other than wasting your time.

Jdennis

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well if they do continue to report this incorrectly I will sue them. So I will do both contact them and send a letter to Experian and Transunion.

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2005
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 09:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, let us know how that goes!

Jdennis

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Christine, How long do you think I should wait for a response from Household before I take legal action? Its been two weeks since I sent them a registered letter demanding that they report the status of my account correctly. I got a return receipt, so I know they got the letter.

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2017
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"you certainly can't sue them for not responding and continuing to report incorrectly if you contact them directly."

You need to wait for the verifications from the CRAs.

Jdennis

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 02:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you saying that I can't sue them for not responding and continuing to report incorrectly?

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2018
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly, that's why I posted on May 6:

"I don't know - you certainly can't sue them for not responding and continuing to report incorrectly if you contact them directly.

If you know you're not going to sue, it can't hurt - other than wasting your time."

You could possibly sue for defamation under state law, but not for FCRA violations.

Jdennis

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK I am confused here. Household is reporting that the house was foreclosed on 5/2004 and that the account is still open. The property was foreclosed on 6/2002. I have sent several letters demanding that they report this account correctly and they have not. Are you saying I can not sue them for reporting incorrect information to the Credit agencies??

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2019
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly. That's what I've been saying.

Are there any words you don't understand? :-)

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2020
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 04:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, you wrote on May 6:

"So I will do both contact them and send a letter to Experian and Transunion."

Did you get a response from them?

Jdennis

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 07:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Household verified incorrectly to Experian and Transunion that the property was foreclosed on in 5/2004 and that the account was still open. I did not contact Household. I am really stuck here now. I do not know where to go from here. You are saying that I can not sue Household for repeatedly reporting this information. How can I get household to report this information correctly?

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2022
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 01:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sue them. If they verified incorrectly through bureau disputes, you're ok.

Jdennis

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 05:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK good. You had me worried. I am going to start to get together all my information to sue them next week. Thanks Christine.

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2025
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 08:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All right. Now just remember that you don't sue them for incorrect reporting, but for incorrect verifications of your disputes. That's most important!

Jdennis

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 07:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK thanks! I have a few questions:

Do you know where to serve Household?

Who should I name in lawsuit?

Can you help me with the lawsuit in creditfactors.com site?

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2026
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 02:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't give any legal advice because I'm not a lawyer. All I can do show people what I did, and even better, what lawyers did. I've been purchasing copies of all the filings in major FCRA cases and am scanning so people can copy what the best lawyers in the field do.

I just look at the reporting and help people find all the incorrect data so they have a good case.

Who to sue and where to serve depends on "which" Household reports on the credit.

And that's actually something that we should discuss at http://www.fight-back.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6 because I just started that new forum with software that's easier to admin. Post there the name/address on your credit report.

Jdennis

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK I just signed up

Christine
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2027
Posted on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 02:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Continued at http://www.fight-back.us/forum/showthread.php?t=29

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration