Post Number: 7
|Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 03:42 pm: ||
To: Jeanne Lucas
Claims and Recoveries Division
N H Higher Ed
Via fax to 603-226-0356
Date: June 16, 2002
Re: Your 6/14/02 response to the credit reporting dispute for account # 9000244630400
Dear Ms. Lucas:
Attached is the power of attorney signed by Ms. .... as she obtained my services to assist with this credit dispute.
1) Ms. ..... disputed on June 11, 2002:
I am hereby disputing your credit reporting of my account:
"Account Status: 120+ DAYS PAST DUE"
I already disputed with Equifax and got this response: "Equifax verified that this item belongs to you. Equifax has verified that this item has been reported correctly."
On June 14, 2002, you responded without ever addressing your incorrect credit reporting. I assume that you have not made any corrections. I did not see an apology for your serious FCRA violations, reporting a PAID account as CURRENTLY 120+ days delinquent.
2) You state that "In addition to the rehabilitation paperwork that needs to be completed, …”
According to the department of Education, NO written agreement is necessary for rehabilitation.
3) And " … the rehabilitation program required that you made 12 monthly consecutive on-time monthly payments. A review of your payment history shows no payments were received in December 1995, January 1996 or March 1996."
Are you saying that the payment in full on May 20, 1996 does NOT at least equal 12 monthly payments? Do I have to advise my readers NOT to make payments in full as it will destroy their credit rating?
Payment in full is NOT rehabilitation?
4) While you admit that the account was paid in full, you also failed to notify TFC Credit Corp accordingly. They are reporting the account $12 delinquent as of 5/2002.
5) Settlement offer - expires June 19, 2002
Ms...... would like to settle your willful credit reporting violations for evidence of your deletion of all derogatory data with all credit reporting agencies and the payment of $500 for her expenses (credit reports, my fee, etc.) This offer expires on June 19, 2002, please respond via fax to ......
I am NOT an attorney. I am a credit consultant, I publish credit related web sites and prepare summaries of my clients' disputes to provide to attorneys and/or to be used in court.
For this reason, I'll appreciate your detailed response, preferably by your attorneys. If you should insist that payment in full does NOT equal 12 monthly payments for the purpose of the deletion of all negative credit reporting, I will add your response to a new section on student loan credit reporting at my creditcourt.com web site and I will contact the Department of Education for their opinion.