CreditCourt Forum 2004 Credit Suit Blog CreditCourt & BayHouse Newsletter BayHouse FAQ Fight Back!!! Forum CreditFactors CreditForum.org CreditCourt Forum

Professional Recovery Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

CreditCourt Forum » Baker v. Fair Isaac, CRAs , American Agencies, Pacific Bell ... » Dismissed Defendants » Professional Recovery « Previous Next »

TU verified this Pacific Bell collection on 10/10/01 as "transferred." Apparently Professional Recovery has no record of this call.

On 2/19/02, Professional Recovery received my dispute and Professional Recovery immediately sent the UDF requesting the deletion.

On 3/22/02, Professional Recovery received a call from TU and again they advised TU that they no longer had the account.

On 4/16/02, TU's attorney Amanda Lewis (from my small claims suit) finally advised me that the account was deleted.

The issues:

1) Why did TU verify the account as "transferred" in October 2001? I have NEVER seen a "transferred" collection before or since. A special effort to damage my credit rating?

2) Why did it take until 4/16/02 for TU to FINALLY delete the account?

3) Why did Professional Recovery NOT delete the account when they transferred it on 6/26/00?

This is a common collection practice.

Since credit reporting is a collection activity, and the collection will obviously continue to damage the consumer, isn't that fraud?

They KNOW that they no longer have the account, yet they continue to collect! How do the FCRA and FDCPA address the reporting of collections after the account has been transferred?

I settled for the $1,000 only because I got the UDF and the CEO statement. Can't wait to see what TU has to say.

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
3/28/03 - Serving Professional Recovery
The link to the statutory agent.

I didn't hire a process server, but sent the Request for Waiver of Service instead.
Christine Baker04-24-03  03:03 pm
5/26/03 - fax to McKenzie re. settlement VM and intimidation tactics
Waiver of service? attorney of record? settlement offer, an FDCPA and FCRA violation I forgot in my complaint:

"Apparently Professional Recovery failed to advise TU of my validation request when TU initiated the 2nd investigation, and I will obtain the exact date from TU through discovery."
Christine Baker05-26-03  06:07 pm
6/10/03 - called Stewart McKenzie, will sign waiverChristine Baker06-10-03  04:51 pm
6/30/03 - Professional Recovery CEO Statement
Highlights:

On 6/26/00, Pacific Bell reassigned the collection to American Agencies.

On 2/19/02, Professional Recovery received my dispute, and they sent the UDF to all three bureaus.

On 3/22/02, TU called and they advised that the collection was transferred to American Agencies.
Christine11-10-03  11:26 pm
2/19/02 - The Universal Data Form (UDF) to the CRAs
As part of the settlement, I required proof of the bureau documentation.
Christine11-10-03  11:35 pm
6/30/03 - The $1,000 settlement check Christine11-10-03  11:51 pm
  Start New Thread        

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration